- Determine which departments will take part in the measurement.
- Assemble a team of expert nursing staff/caregivers. Each team member will carry out the measurements for one or more departments together with a nursing staff member/caregiver from the relevant department. Team size thus depends on the number of departments registered.
- Draw up an institutional time schedule for the national measurement.
- Draw up a timetable for the team of nursing staff/caregivers so that every department knows when the measurements will be carried out.
- Provide training for the team of nursing staff/caregivers that will actually be carrying out the measurements.
- Collect all the completed questionnaires from each department and ensure they are completed fully and correctly.
- Ensure that the data are entered correctly online within six weeks of the measurement.
The measurement will be carried out in a single day at intramural institutions. It is not logistically possible, however, for home care organisations to complete the measurements in a single day; thus they will carry out measurements over a four-day period, starting on the same day as the intramural institutions. The number of clients registered during this four-day period will be determined by the LPZ project group on the basis of the average number of patients receiving care from the participating teams.
The coordinator will ensure that the data is entered online upon completion of the measurement. On the secure part of the website the results of the institutions and the national results can be seen on the dashboard.